The University of Mines and Technology (UMaT) Tarkwa, was established with the belief that technology can change the world. The University Llibrary is strategically positioned to help accomplish this conviction through its holdings and virtual resources. There are qualified staff to serve and support teaching, learning and research.
The University Library’s history is tied to the history of the University. It started as the Tarkwa Technical Institute Library in 1952. In 1961, it became Tarkwa School of Mines Library. The School was affiliated to the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) as a faculty of the University in 1976. In 2001, it became the Western University College Library of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. It became the main library of the University of Mines and Technology in November, 2004. With a seating capacity of about 400 in the two-storied triangular building, the University Library complex was commissioned by John A. Kufuor, President of the Republic of Ghana (2001-2008) on 18th August, 2005 to serve the needs of the University, and the community in the mining, technology and allied fields.
Mon. to Fri.: 9:00am to 10:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am to 4:00pm/*10:00pm
* Sunday: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Mon. to Fri.: 9:00am to 4:00pm
*Extended working hours prior to and during semester examinations.
Closed: Public holidays