Though we aim to provide a safe environment within the Library, we encourage you to look after your personal property at all times and not to leave your valuable possesions unattended. Please use the pigeon holes provided for storage of bags.
The Library is not liable for the damage or the loss of items left in the bags deposited at the Baggage Section. Registration with the University and by extension, the Library is required to use the facilities with the University's authorised identification (ID) card.
We ask you to respect our facilities and other users by:
- Placing all rubbish in the bins provided.
- Not reserving study places.
- Not disturbing others through the use of mobile telephones, use of audio option on mobile devices, or loud conversation.
- Not eating or drinking in the Library.
- Vacating the Library promptly at closing time. Advance warning of closure is always given by ringing a bell.
Loan and Care of Books & Other Resources
- Readers are responsible for any damage to or loss of a book in their charge. They will be required to pay the appropriate cost of damaged or lost books.
- Users must not deface any book belonging to the Library. Fines will apply if users are identified for defacing or mutilating books and other materials belonging to the Library.
- You are asked to treat all print and non-print materials with due respect and care.
- We ask you to observe copyright regulations for both printed and electronic information.